Monday, May 5, 2008

School Is Out

I can not believe that school is out. The feeling definitely has not set in yet but once it does it will be really different. Now that I have come this far it is really interesting to think about the school as a whole, really having the ability to judge my school experience was. There is lots of debate about how the art school should function in society, for instance, should it be part of the community, should it be more focused on skills or conceptional thinking? The academy is changing and has changed even in the short amount of time I attended the Art Academy. Because our school there was an opportunity to shift the focus. The Academy began to focus more on thoughts and ideas rather than technical abilities. I personally felt it was necessary for my development as an artist to go out and search for both, and I think that is how it has become. You have to be the one to search, nobodies is going to tell you how to do it, you have to figure a lot out. I know I would not have grown as much as I did and as rapidly as I did if I had not attend art school.

No comments:

Gallery Shot

Gallery Shot